Přejít k obsahu

Interlibrary Loan Service (ILS)

Information about ILS for external users

ILS form for external users – libraries within the Czech Republic

Information about changed terms of the electronic delivery of documents is attached below.

Information about ILS for users of the UL of UWB

If the document (book, article in a journal, etc.) that the user needs to borrow is not available in the collection of the UWB University Library or in the collection of another library in the city of Pilsen, it can be borrowed through the interlibrary loan service. If the document is on the territory of the Czech Republic, the library that has it in its collection lends this document to the University Library of UWB for a limited period of time (about 1 month), or - in the case of shorter documents – a photocopy is sent to the UL. For domestic libraries, the loan is free of charge; the user will only pay the postage.

If the document is not on the territory of the Czech Republic, it is possible to use the International Interlibrary Loan Service (IILS) and borrow the document from abroad. The fee for an international book loan is CZK 250 per item, (the British Library charges CZK 500 per item).

Detailed rules for the provision of ILS and IILS are set out in the Rules and Regulations of the UL UWB. 

ILS and IILS application forms can be downloaded from this page, but since some of the services provided are paid for (copies of articles, International Interlibrary Loan Service), i.e. the UL UWB pays other libraries for them, applications cannot be placed electronically. It is necessary to print out the forms, fill them in and have them signed by an employee who has the right to order books and other information resources, and then send the forms to the attention of the library staff member detailed above. ILS and IILS can also be used by students to apply for documents they need for scientific and study needs (for theses, projects, etc.). If any fees are to be paid, students will have to pay them themselves, or their departments may pay.