The University of West Bohemia publishes Bachelor´s, Master´s (diploma), dissertation and habilitation theses in accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., the Higher Education Act, as amended, and in compliance with other legal regulations governing intellectual property rights and legal regulations governing the obligations of the University of West Bohemia in the field of publication of data.
Accessibility of Theses
There are four search options available to the reader:
- in the Aleph library system - in cases where the reader is interested in a particular Bachelor´s and Master´s thesis and wants to borrow it.
- in the Digital Library - the full-text versions of Bachelor´s and Master´s, dissertation, and selected habilitation theses defended at the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen from 2012 are available in the Digital Library.
- in the STAG University Information System – in cases where the reader is interested in what Bachelor´s and Master´s theses are being written at a given faculty (department).
- in the Faculty of Education database – in cases where the reader is looking for Bachelor´s and Master´s theses defended at the Faculty of Education in the years 1992-2001.
The Library of the Faculty of Law collects Master´s theses from the academic year 1997-98, and Bachelor´s theses from the academic year 1998-99. These theses are available through the Aleph library catalogue.
Information about Qualification Theses
Directives and guidelines
- Publishing of qualification works – Rector´s Directive no. 33R/2017
The regulation is available for reference in all branches and reading rooms of the library; in the branch in Bory, an on-line version is available as well.
- Formal requirements for dissertations and similar documents ČSN ISO 7144
- Editing documents processed by text editors ČSN 016910
- Correct use of punctuation marks in setting ČSN 880410